27 November 2016

Monster: Eradicator Scout

Eradicator Scout

This entity is composed of a crystal sphere surrounded with a pair of whirling hoops made of strange metal, with a number of smaller, seemingly unconnected pieces of crystal and metal hovering below.

CR 5; XP 1,600
LN Large Construct
Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., lifesense; Perception +8


Defense
AC 18, touch 10, flat-footed 17 (+1 Dex, +8 natural, –1 size)
hp 52 (4d10+30)
Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +1

DR 5/adamantine; Immune cold, construct traits; Resist acid 10, electricity 10, fire 10
Weakness vulnerable to sonic

Offense
Speed fly 20 ft. (perfect)

Melee slam +9 (2d6+9)
Ranged 3 force bolts +4 touch (1d10 force)
Statistics
Str 22, Dex 12, Con —, Int 11, Wis 11, Cha 11

Base Atk +4; CMB +11; CMD 22 (can't be tripped)
Feats Lightning Reflexes, Point-Blank Shot
Skills Fly +15, Perception +8; Racial Modifiers +4 Fly, +4 Perception

Languages eradicator comm 1 mile
SQ homing signal, limited starflight

Ecology
Environment any (Material Plane only)

Organization solitary
Treasure standard (pieces of crystal and exotic metals)


Special Abilities

Eradicator Comm (Ex) An eradicator scout can communicate with other eradicators within 1 mile.

Force Bolt (Ex) An eradicator scout can fire up to three bolts of crushing force with a range of 60 feet. Eradicator's force bolts are natural attacks that require ranged touch attack to hit.

Homing Signal (Ex) After detecting signs of its quarry, an eradicator scout can reassemble itself into a homing beacon for other eradicators. It takes 1 week of modifications before the FTL signal emission is started. An eradicator scout reassembling itself or sending the signal can't leave its space, hovering a few feet above ground, though it can defend itself and attack with its force bolts normally. Each month the signal is sent there is 1% chance that a battle group of eradicators receives it and follows it to attack the planet from which it was sent. While the signal is not magical, creatures with telepathic or prophetic abilities, wild animals, and various psychically sensitive individuals all around the planet feel dark foreboding, sense of incoming danger and might experience nightmares of impending doom.

Starflight (Ex) An eradicator scout can travel vast distances in space, typically taking 3d20 months to travel between planets in a solar system, or 3d20 years to travel between stars.

Eradicators are remnants of an ancient war, war long forgotten, and yet never finished. Who fought whom and over what remains an unanswered riddle. All that remains are ancient weapons continuing their missions of destruction. Eradicators travel between the worlds and cleanse regions according to some inscrutable logic. They might be reacting to traces of their master's enemies, though no one knows for sure what they are. Could they be getting false positives by confusing other races and their achievements for influence of long-gone foes?

When an eradicator battle group receives a homing signal from an eradicator scout, there is 10% chance it's already within the same solar system and arrives after 3d20 months, and 90% chance it's further away and needs to traverse the interstellar distances, taking 1d10 × 3d20 years to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment